Friday, February 16, 2007

Rap - The Maelstrom

You look at me like I’m a disease
Keep me away from your children
In the land of the free,
And the home of the brave - unless it’s uncomfortable
Disgusted by others unless it is profitable
Our shallow addiction to money’s unstoppable
Outside of the cubicles with manicured yards - we pull the wool over others in the name of fast cars.
Yeah the kid so ashamed
Invisible, separate but equal
His prequel, a tragedy
His soul a carcinogen, second class citizen
The closet he’s in is an emotional hell
but if you don’t ask, then he wont tell
Progress in slo-mo
Lincoln’s not gay, constitution no homo
Don’t hold hands in the street is what Jesus said
Disrespected, get this hatred out of my head
The violence, a disease and it spreads
Yeshiva, they line up the kids, rhythmically destroy them
hopes and dreams, locked up and left to rot in the streets.
Molded, scolded – you’smokin’ the heavenly meth
They beat you with hashem until you confess
Adding wood to the flames, they’re just doing their best.
We don’t look out of our bubbles, livin’ the American dream
And we can’t wake up.

3 comments:

  1. I thought this was awesome. Honestly nice job RJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow really amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! It was from the heart and I like the anger and assertive energy that the rap 'format' afforded me.

    ReplyDelete